To ensure long-lasting and beautiful Xtreme Lashes Eyelash Extensions, follow the essential to-dos below prior to your appointment :
● Do not wear eye makeup. Makeup close to the eye area must be removed prior to the application process. Use a mild, oil-free cleanser. Do not use oil-based makeup removers.
● Do not apply face creams or sunblock in the eye area. The oil found in many moisturizers prevents eyelash adhesive from bonding to the natural eyelash and reduces the longevity of your eyelash extensions.
● Do not put on mascara. Removing mascara can be very time-consuming and any residual makeup will prevent proper application of the extensions.
● Do not curl your lashes before your appointment. Extensions will not adhere to crimped eyelashes.
● Wear eyeglasses to your appointment- not contact lenses.
● Please wait 24 hours after eyelash extensions removal before getting a new set of eyelash extensions applied.
● Tell your Lash stylist if you have recently had irritating eye area treatments such as skin resurfacing, chemical peels, eyebrow waxing, laser treatments, or permanent makeup application.
● Please silence your phone while the extensions are being applied. Talking in the treatment room is prohibited as the lash application requires precision. Feel free to listen to your own audio or take a nap and let the lash transformation.
To maximize your time with your Lash Stylish, always arrive to your appointment with clean eyes and eyelashes!
Enjoy your beautiful new Xtreme Lashes Eyelash Extensions with little need to adjust your lifestyle.
Proper care and maintenance of your new lashes will ensure beautiful and long lasting results!
During the first 48 hours
It takes 48 hours for the adhesive to cure (dry) thoroughly and yield a strong, durable bond. During this time, the adhesive bond is vulnerable to moisture, steam, excessive heat, cosmetic ingredients coming into contact with the adhesive bond, and friction from rubbing and cleansing.
After Care Guidelines
● Be gentle with your new lashes, do not get them wet for the first 48 hours after application, refrain from touching or rubbing them. The golden rule is: look but don’t touch.
● Avoid swimming, steam rooms, saunas, or extreme heat for 48 hours after application.
● Do not use an eyelash curler on the lash extensions or try to perm or tint them. This will break the bond on the extensions and might damage your natural lashes.
●Receiving irritating eye-area treatments, such as strong chemical peels, skin- resurfacing procedures, eyebrow waxing or laser treatment.
● Do not use oil-based products (oil-based eye makeup, makeup remover, cleanser, eye creams, eye serums, Vaseline) on or near your lashes. Use products of non-oily, non-creamy formulas to remove eye makeup. Oil-based makeup products will dissolve the adhesive on the eyelash extensions and will cause your extensions to fall out sooner than expected. ‘The Place’ carries Xtreme Lashes non-oily products such as Eye Makeup remover and Facial Cleanser and Lint-Free Xtreme Applicators to gently remove eye makeup and mascara.
● Avoid rubbing your eyes roughly when cleaning your face and avoid running water directly on your lashes.
● Avoid sleeping face down to prevent pressing against your eyelashes.
● Be very careful when removing makeup in the eye area. Gently go over the eye area, sweep up and away from the lash extensions.
● Using mascara on eyelash extensions is not recommended. If you must wear mascara, only use water-based mascara, please do not use waterproof or oil-based mascara as removing this is difficult to do without damaging your natural eyelashes.
● Keep an eyelash comb handy to straighten out any loose, stray lashes. Comb them carefully and very gently only when needed.
● Do not pull on any loose extensions or you risk plucking out your natural eyelashes. Do not attempt to remove the lash extensions yourself; allow the extensions to fall off naturally or schedule an appointment to have them professionally removed.
● Maintain your lash extensions with regular touch-up appointments, please schedule in advance as availability can be limited.
F. What are Xtreme Lashes that ‘The place’ use?
Q. Xtreme Lashes Eyelash Extensions are semi-permanent eyelash extensions comprised of individual synthetic eyelashes that are curved to replicate a natural eyelash. Our lashes are thicker at the base and taper to a fine point. They are applied on to individual eyelashes, one lashes.
F. How are eyelash extensions applied?
Q. Our eyelash extensions are applied individually, 1mm away from the eyelid, never directly on the skin, to your natural eyelashes using a medical-grade formaldehyde-free adhesive. Lash extensions come in different lengths, thicknesses, and curls, results can vary from very subtle and natural to very noticeable and dramatic.
F. How long does the procedure take?
Q. The procedure generally takes between 120 to 150 minutes to apply a full set of Eyelash Extensions. Touch-ups can be done in as little as 45 to 60 minutes.
F. Are eyelash extensions bad/harmful?
Q. No, eyelash extensions are no worse than applying mascara.
F. Does it hurt?
Q. No, eyelash extensions are painless. Most clients feel comfortable enough to fall asleep during the procedure. At Lash Forever Eyelash Extensions, we use superior quality products to bring the highest level of comfort possible for our clients.
F. Do I need to make an appointment?
Q. Yes, appointments are required as we cannot guarantee accommodation for walk-ins. Please schedule an appointment and honor your appointment time to avoid long waits and to ensure quality lash application.
F. What do I need to do before my appointment?
Q. Please arrive with no makeup on or around the eye area. When removing makeup around the eyes, use a mild cleanser and avoid using moisturizers, sunscreen, and removers that have oil-based formulas. Lashes must be clean for the adhesive to bond properly.
F. I wear contacts, may I wear them during the procedure?
Q. We recommend removing your contact lenses before lash application. Eyes may feel dry and irritated with contact lenses kept in during lash application since your eyes must be kept closed for the entirety of the appointment (~1 hour).
F. How long do eyelash extensions last?
Q. Eyelash extensions last 2-5 weeks on average depending on a number of factors such as aftercare, hair quality, weather, etc.
F. What can I do to make my extensions last longer?
Q. Do not get the extensions wet for the first 48 hours after your appointment, keep out of any steam rooms/saunas/swimming pools to give the adhesive sufficient time to bond to the natural lash. Avoid vigorous rubbing of the eyes or tugging at your lashes. Do not use oil-based makeup or makeup removers. Please refer to our AFTER CARE section for more information.
F. Can I still wear makeup/mascara?
Q. We do not recommend wearing regular mascara since it is very difficult to remove from the extensions without pulling at your natural eyelashes. We do recommend to use Xtreme Length & Volume Mascara Please use oil-free cosmetics when removing makeup close to the eye area while wearing eyelash extensions.
F. Can I use an eyelash curler to curl my lash extensions?
Q. No, an eyelash curler will break the bond on your extensions and will damage your natural eyelashes.
F. Will I lose my own lashes?
Q. No, as long as you refrain from rubbing your eyes or tugging at the extensions you will not lose your own lashes. Please refer to the aftercare instructions for further information.
F. What is the length and thickness of the extensions that are used?
Q. Our lash extensions range from 8mm to 14mm in length, and 0.15mm to 0.25mm in thickness.
F. What type of adhesive does ‘The Place’ use?
Q. Our technicians only use Xtreme Lashes FlexFusion Adhesive which is a hypoallergenic medical-grade eyelash extension adhesive, safety, flexibility, ideal viscosity and seamless connectivity. This product dissolves residual oils and optimizes natural eyelash pH, resulting longer-lasting attachment.
F. When do I have to get them retouched?
Q. We recommend clients to come in for touch ups every 2-3 weeks. Clients who prefer to maintain a very full look come in on a weekly basis.
F. How do you remove eyelash extensions?
Q. Removals are done at the salon by the lash artist. Do not attempt to remove the lash extensions yourself, it is best to schedule an appointment to have them professionally removed with a special removing solvent. You may also wait for your natural lash cycle to complete and have the extensions fall off naturally.